Sat, Nov 27|
Workshop 19: Wing Chun Idioms 1
An in depth look at the idioms of wing chun and how they weave together to create the tapestry that is the wing chun style.
Time & Location
Nov 27, 2021, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Atlanta, 1385 English St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA
About the Event
We will cover the following idioms:
- The fist comes from the heart
- Retain what comes in, send off what retreats. Rush in on loss of hand contact.
- Once your opponent moves, his center of gravity changes.
- Make the first move to have control. Attack according to timing.
- Being alert and adapting to the situation allows maximum results for minimum effort.
- Compliment the hands with posture and position to make good use of the centerline.
- Soft and relaxed strength will put your opponent in jeopardy.
- Coordinate the hands and feet. Movement is together.
- Do not take risks and you will always connect to the target.
- Occupy the inner gate to strike deep into the defense.
Also, if you have questions about an idiom I'll be answering those too. Find out how those apparently contradictory idioms can coexist.
Admission to the workshop allows you to ask questions to solidify your understanding plus the option to practice and get correction from Sifu Wayne.$25.00+$0.63 service fee
Sifu's cooking! Want to join him for lunch? I don't know what we'll be having but I know it'll be delicious.$6.00+$0.15 service fee